Search For Answers

Ask the community and get help from your peers to learn, share and create amazing learning materials

Sending to teacher doesn't show corrections to the student

Profile picture for user uakiva

Udi Akiva

Israel
09/09/2023

When using custom link studens do not see corrections after sending it to the teacher.

They do see the final score in the upper let part of the worksheet.

Corrections are very important for their learning from mistakes or verifying that they have got the correct answer to each question.

This is only possible if they press check answers but then they can't send their work to teacher.

Your assistance here please. Thank you!

Profile picture for user kohai

kohai

Latvia
09/10/2023

@Udi Akiva, If in Custom link settings you set the option "Ask student", students are able to see corrections after sending their work to the teacher. Also (I tested just now), they've fixed it for the default option "Send answers to the teacher".

kohai

Latvia
09/10/2023

@Jason, neither grading (e.g., 6/10) nor corrections (correct/incorrect answers) are shown to students after finishing a worksheet if in custom link settings the teacher has prefilled values about a student (name, grade, and school subject). The teacher gets a corrected sheet but always graded 0/10.

Profile picture for user silverkan

Ngan Mai

Vietnam
09/10/2023

In reply to by kohai

Yes, I have the same problem, the worksheets are always graded 0/10 even though I can see the correction! I reported this 2 weeks ago and still the problem hasn't been fixed

Profile picture for user TeacherTest-Jason

Jason Robert

United States
09/12/2023

In reply to by kohai

@Ruta, are the number of questions the same as max score? This max score directly effects the score shown. If so, can you send me a link to a worksheet where this is an issue?

kohai

Latvia
09/12/2023

In reply to by Jason Robert

@Jason, This problem is not related to the max score setting - I understand that I can adjust it as needed. Instead, the issue lies in the absence of grading feedback for both students and teachers upon completion of an assignment.
As previously mentioned, this issue occurs ONLY if in Custom link settings the teacher has pre-filled values regarding a student's name, grade, and school subject. This problem is NOT limited to a particular worksheet; it persists across all assignments but I'll give you an example.
The following screen recording shows the custom link settings I've configured for a worksheet I chose randomly: https://1drv.ms/v/s!Ajpnk-IKHFfDxDK8ZfEfer8wMqHC?e=gWNC9X
And here’s the custom link itself. You can attempt the worksheet and see if (as my student) you see ANY grading after clicking “Finish”: https://www.liveworksheets.com/c?a=s&n=Jason+%3A%29&g=1&s=English&t=5u5…
Finally, here's a screenshot of how I, as a teacher, see the received work (correct answers in green boxes and grading - 0/10):

Profile picture for user TeacherTest-Jason

Jason Robert

United States
09/12/2023

In reply to by kohai

Thank you once again Ruta. You're recordings and detail are extremely helpful! I will work to get this reviewed and resolved.

kohai

Latvia
09/21/2023

In reply to by Николай

@ Nikolai, I just came across your comment today, as I didn't receive any notification. Yes, I can see the answers after completing your worksheet. However, it seems that you have different settings since I had to enter my name after finishing. As I mentioned before, the issue arises ONLY when the teacher pre-fills ALL the fields for a student. I used to do this for my very young students who find it challenging to type their names.

Profile picture for user him2english

Николай

Russia
09/11/2023

I m sorry, folks, I had the same problem for a month, but during the last three days. everything (grading and right/wrong) started working with me - the pupils see their score after sending the WS to the teacher (with custom links) I receive the graded WSs.
I still don't see the correct answer in notifications though, as it was earlier.
I've just tried different browsers and it works.
In August I had problems with drad and drop in chromium. But not with Opera and Firefox. Try another browser. (I don't use phones - I can't say)
Unfortunately, there are bugs and drawbacks in the new site. I also liked the old one more.